Deep dish pizza ain’t got nuthin’ on these babies. Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza Cups are fun to make and even more fun to eat. They are super quick and easy to prepare.
Everyone has their own ideas when it comes to their favorite pizza, but I promise you won’t be able to help but fall in love with these cute little homemade pizza cups. Who couldn’t help but love a pizza – in a cup?
You can spread the love of homemade Pepperoni Pizza Cups in all kinds of ways – sleepovers, birthday parties, movie nights, pool parties…see where I’m going with this. Whatever the occasion, your kids will think you’re totally awesome when you make them! These little hand-held pizzas also make a great kick-up-your-feet-and-watch-the-game snack.
These Deep Dish Pepperoni Cups are made with…..wait for it…..yep, pepperoni – and cheese – lots and lots of cheese. But, if pepperoni is not your thing, you can always personalize these to your, or your family’s liking. They are good with sausage, hamburger, or ham. Pineapple, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms are good too.
To start you’ll need to pop open a can of refrigerated biscuits (I used Jr. Grands) and press them into a muffin tin. Then you’ll layer on your ingredients. For the finishing touch on these, I sprinkled dried basil and LOTS of crushed red pepper. LOTS and LOTS of crushed red pepper – I LOVE it on pepperoni pizza.
Just wait until you bite into one of these…
…look at all of that saucy, cheesy GOODNESS oozing out of that muffin tin crust. So YUMMY!
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits I used Jr. Grands
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce I used Classico Tomato Basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni Minis or toppings of choice
- Basil optional
- Crushed red pepper optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray and press biscuits into cups.
- Sprinkle each cup with about 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- Add the remaining cheese and top with the mini pepperoni, or toppings of your choice.
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes. Serve immediately.