This delicious & quick quiche with potato crust is so easy to make and the best part is – you pick out the meat. Let me show you!
Let me introduce one of my oldies but goodies: Quiche With Potato Crust. I don’t know why I haven’t shared this before now. It’s surely not because I haven’t been making it. It is a delicious dish and one of my favorite go-to recipes to make when company is coming.
My friend Linda gave me this recipe after vacationing with her and her sweet family on the Outer Banks one summer. She made this for breakfast one day, and I knew after the first bite I had to have to the recipe.
Quiche With Potato Crust
Quiche with potato crust is a non-specific name, huh? Why just meat? Well, I’m guessing it’s because this quiche can be made using any meat you want. You see you have options with this recipe:
You can make it with any of the above or any other kind of meat you can think of. Your choice will determine whether you’ll have it for breakfast, lunch, or supper. You choose.
Want a more traditional supper?
Use the following meats if you are an anti-breakfast-foods-for-supper kind of person
Either of those meats work well when you’re going for a more traditional evening meal.
What about breakfast for supper?
If you’re like me and you love to eating breakfast for supper sometimes, then have at it. I LOVE breakfast for supper. If you’re going that route then choose the following meats.
Ham is on both lists because it’s traditionally used with either meal.
Crispy Golden Potato Crust
You will love that the crust in this breakfast quiche is made with shredded potatoes. You can even save time by using shredded frozen hash browns if you’d like. The potato crust turns out nice and crispy on the edges and bottom.
Why is quiche with potato crust one of my favorite’s to have when company is coming?
- You can make it the night before and leave in the fridge ready to be baked in the morning.
- Prepare it ahead of time and freeze it. If serving it for breakfast take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw out the night before. Or, if it’s for supper take it out of the freezer to thaw the day you plan to cook and serve it.
A Nice Holiday Dish
This hearty Quiche With Potato Crust is also a great dish to serve up during the holidays. We’ve had it many times Christmas morning. If you like green pepper, you can add it to give it a little festive color.
You might also like:
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Do you have an easy favorite dish you like to serve?
If you do, I would love for you to tell me what it is in the comments.
Also, if you give this a try and love it, please come back and let me know!
Quiche With Potato Crust
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups coarsely shredded raw potatoes (3 cups frozen shredded hash browns may be used)
- 1 cup grated Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 3/4 – 1 cup browned sausage (browned ground beef, diced ham or chicken)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss the oil and the potatoes together.
- Press evenly into a 9-inch pie plate and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown.
- Layer the cheese, meat, and onion on top of the potato crust.
- In a bowl beat together the evaporated milk, eggs, salt, and pepper and pour onto the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes and bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow quiche to cool 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Disclaimer: Nutritional values (per serving) are approximates only and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SERVING UP SOUTHERN. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any blog post or social media is strictly prohibited.