This simple 4 ingredient Easy Chocolate Mousse recipe is so EASY to make and tastes as good as any rich, decadent dessert should. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, this is a great way to impress your sweetheart without spending the whole day in the kitchen. Simple, yet elegant.
Why have I not made chocolate mousse before? To be honest, I never really gave it much thought. Maybe because it seemed more like one of those desserts you always order at restaurants, not one you’d make in your own kitchen.
Well, not so.
Now that I know I canmake this Easy Chocolate Mousse in my own kitchen, I might have to try one of those fancy schmancy mousse recipes. ;)
Easy Chocolate Mouse is light, smooth, and airy with an almost foamy look and feel. It’s the perfect recipe for individual dessert cups. I used raspberries to add a little Valentine’s Day color, but shaved chocolate, whipped cream, or chocolate sprinkles make good toppings too.
Happy Valentine’s Day! ♥
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Combine the milk, marshmallows, and chocolate chips, and in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Whip the cream and add to the marshmallow mixture.
- Spoon into 6 individual dessert dishes. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours.
Try these delicious rich, decadent Black Forest Truffles.
How about my favorite go-to Homemade Chocolate Pudding?