These sliders are easy, delicious, and perfect for a fun family meal or an excellent choice for a potluck or football game get-together.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders is one of my favorite crockpot meals. I have so many favorites! The truth is, I love using my crockpot as much in the summer months as I do during the winter. It’s great to be able to go out and about, enjoying summer days and come home to a house that smells wonderful (like someone’s been there cooking all day) and a delicious meal just waiting to be eaten.
Why Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders?
These sliders are a casual crockpot meal, but very worthy of some attention. The zesty sauce is a perfect fit for the chicken. The truth is, I love using my crockpot as much in the summer months as I do during the winter. It’s great to be able to go out and about, enjoying summer days and come home to a house that smells wonderful (like you’ve been there cooking all day) and a delicious meal just waiting to be eaten.
What’s in this recipe anyway?
- BBQ sauce
- Zesty Italian dressing
- Brown sugar
- Old Bay®
These ingredients make up a deliciously bold, zesty bbq sauce for the chicken sliders that pairs deliciously with the sweetness in the quick creamy slaw.
Since we all know we eat with our eyes first – we can’t deny how cute these little sliders are. Looking at them makes you want to dive right in for that first bite. When you do, you will not be disappointed. I PROMISE!
BBQ Chicken Sliders make a great casual meal
- Summertime Supper – These yummy chicken sliders make a great casual summer meal. You can just add chips, or you can’t do the whole shebang which is serving them with homemade macaroni and cheese and baked beans. And I always, always make the quick creamy coleslaw to go along with the chicken sliders!
- Football Games – Football season is right around the corner, and these cute, little sliders make a perfect meal to eat while watching the games. Since the slow cooker does most of the work, the BBQ chicken sliders make an excellent game day food. When you have friends over for the game, you can spend time hanging with them, rooting for your team, instead of flying solo in the kitchen.
- Wintertime Supper – You can serve BBQ chicken sliders in the winter months with a vegetable soup, and fresh veggies with ranch. They are fun to have in the winter when you have friends over to play cards (or any game of your choice).
- Potluck – These chicken sliders make a great meal to take to any church potluck. It’s so convenient to grab the crockpot and go. Remember to make the slaw and throw it in the cooler.
How to make BBQ Sliders
- I put four chicken breast in the crockpot. Then I mix the barbeque sauce and set it aside. Making the sauce ahead of time gives the barbeque ingredients time to marry while the chicken is cooking. You could go ahead and throw it in with the chicken now, but I prefer to wait. I like to remove the breast and drain the liquid so that my sauce doesn’t end up too watery.
- I make the coleslaw and stick it in the fridge. Then I go about my day while the crockpot does its thing.
- When the chicken is done, I remove it from the crock (drain the juice) and shred it. Then I throw it back into the crock and pour the sauce over it and let it cook a little longer.
I haven’t put a lot of thought into it we’re being super casual; I throw some chips in along-side the chicken sliders. But when I’m feeling domestic, I plan ahead and make some homemade potato salad or macaroni salad – also yummy sides.
I would love for you to tell me what you think about this recipe. Can you see yourself making it on game day or taking it to a potluck? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments! Please don’t be shy! You might enjoy this with:
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 4 large boneless chicken breast
- 1 28 ounce bottle barbeque sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2/3 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay, optional, but I don’t recommend leaving it out
For the Quick Creamy Slaw:
- 2 10- ounce bags Angel Hair Cole Slaw (shredded cabbage)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed, or more
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- A couple dashes of hot sauce
- Place chicken breast in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 41/2 to 5 hours.
- Mix barbeque sauce ingredients and set aside.
- When chicken is done remove from crock and drain liquid reserving about 1/2 cup (for thinning sauce if needed)
- Shred chicken and return to crock.
- Pour sauce over chicken and continue cooking on low for about 45 minutes. If needed thin sauce with reserved broth.
- Serve chicken on rolls with Quick Creamy Slaw.
Quick Creamy Slaw:
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, dry mustard, and several dashes of hot sauce. Stir in the coleslaw until thoroughly coated. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Disclaimer: Nutritional values (per serving) are approximates only and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SERVING UP SOUTHERN. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any blog post or social media is strictly prohibited.