Pin It This monster cookie recipe is the all-things-are-great-cookie for cookie-lovers and candy-eaters. Monster cookies are sometimes referred to as “kitchen sink cookies” because at first glance they seem to have just about everything in them but the kitchen sink. Everything like peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&M’s. This is just a start. The list can go on and on. They are basically this Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie gone wild. Monster cookies have no limits when it comes to ingredients and size. And when it comes to cookies bigger is always better. Right?
The awesome thing about these cookies is that you can go hog wild in creating the perfect cookie for you. You can swap Reese’s Pieces for M&M’s, and peanut butter, or butterscotch chips for chocolate chips. Or, add ’em all. You can add nuts, or use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy. The variations are endless.
What favorite variation would make this monster cookie recipe your monster?
You can change these up for special occasions by using the specialty colored M&M’s that come out during each holiday season.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened (I used salted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb. peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4-6 cups quick-cooking oats (I usually end up using around 5)
- 1/2 to 3/4 lbs. M&M's
- 1 12 ounce bag chocolate chips
- Cream together the first 4 ingredients. Add eggs; mix well.
- Mix in salt, baking soda and oats.
- Stir in the M&M's, and chocolate chips