Have y’all ever tried this in the lemon version? This is so different from the chocolate/peanut butter recipe. If you have never tried lemon puppy chow – your time has come. As I am anxiously awaiting Spring, I have been looking for great new refreshing ideas that will be nice for warmer weather. We don’t have that much longer to wait y’all. Spring is almost here. Woohoo!
The lemon flavor adds a delicious twist when combined with the white chocolate. This has the same texture and addictive nature as regular puppy chow, but with a lighter citrus-y flavor. So far, all of my taste testers have loved it – this stuff is good. This is quite possibly my favorite of the puppy chow recipes. I hope y’all try it and like it as much as we did. Make sure you have plenty of people around to help you eat it. It’s addictive
- 9 cups rice Chex
- 12 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon gelatin powder
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the white chocolate, butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir; then microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- In a gallon size ziploc bag combine the powdered sugar and the lemon gelatin powder, mix well.
- Pour the white chocolate mixture over the cereal and gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Transfer the cereal into the bag and shake until cereal is evenly coated. Dump mix onto cookie sheets to cool. Enjoy!