Of the many sweet memories I have of my children’s childhood – one is of the many times they said grace before our meals. Many times our food was blessed twice because each of them wanted to pray. I loved the variations of blessings, and grace songs they learned in their sweet, early years. My little nephew, Noah, shared the ABC blessing with us when he was here for a visit.
I will continue to add to these (going to have to ask the kids) as I remember more. What were / are your children’s favorites? I would love to know. Please share them with us in the comments.
- Thank you Lord for happy hearts in rain and sunny weather. Thank you Lord for this our food and that we are together. -Amen (While we said this as a rhyme, many sing this to the tune of “Yankee Doodle”)
- Thank you for the world so sweet, thank you for the food we eat. Thank you for the birds that sing, thank you, God for everything. -Amen
- God our Father, God our Father. We thank you, we thank you. For our many blessings, for our many blessings. -A-amen, A-amen. (sung to the tune of “Are You Sleeping? or “Where Is Thumbkin?”)
- Oh, the Lord’s been good to me, and so I thank the Lord. For giving me the things I need, the sun and the rain and the apple seed. The Lord’s been good to me. -Thank-you Jesus, Amen.
- ABCDEFG – thank you God for feeding me, HIJKLMN – Jesus died for sinful men, OPQRSTU we believe God’s word is true, V and W – God has promised you, XYZ – a home eternally. -Amen.