Vintage 1950 Chicken Divan
A classic chicken casserole made using broccoli, chicken, and a rich sauce.
- 2-3 bunches fresh broccoli 2 - 10-ounce boxes frozen can be used
- 3 boneless chicken breast or 2 cups sliced rotisserie chicken
- 2 10 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder I use a tab bit more
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup butter cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
Steam broccoli in a pan until tender crisp.
Arrange broccoli in a 9x13 baking dish + place chicken on top.
Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cheese, and curry powder; pour over chicken.
Combine bread crumbs, butter, and parsley, and sprinkle over top.
Bake in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
© SERVING UP SOUTHERN – All images are copyright protected.