These Snickerdoodle Blondies have that all-familiar signature cinnamon topping on a soft and chewy blondie bar. Add a tasty glaze – perfection.
Do you like snickerdoodle cookies? If so, I bet you’ll love these. They are much like the classic cookies only in a bar form. These thick, chewy, sugary-cinnamon topped Snickerdoodle Blondies are delicious.
What is snickerdoodle anyway?
It’s a type of cookie rolled in a cinnamon-sugar mixture characterized by a cracked surface. They can be crisp or soft depending on how and with what they are made.
So, what are snickerdoodle blondies?
Let me tell you; I was thrilled to discover there was such a thing. They are a bar version of the cookie and are brownie-like with a cinnamon-sugar coating that bakes into a crackly-crust adding a nice texture to the blondies. I like to drizzle them with a simple vanilla glaze, but they are equally delicious without it.
How to make them? What will I need?
- Flour (all-purpose)
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon baking chips
- Powdered sugar
You’ll go through a couple of steps following the recipe below. The ingredients come together and make these delicious bar cookies. Even though they are plenty tasty without it, I still highly recommend making the glaze and drizzling it over the snickerdoodle bars.
This snickerdoodle blondies with cinnamon baking chips recipe made the cut when it consistently turned out time and time again. The ultimate test was when I took them to a super bowl party where they were devoured – along with many compliments.
Although these are textured more like a brownie, they have the same familiar cinnamon tastes as the cookies. I love baking bars. They are no doubt, less time consuming than making individual cookies. They’re easy. They’re foolproof. They’re all in one pan. These bars smell wonderful as they’re baking with the cinnamon aroma slowly wafting throughout your home. They’re quite possibly my favorite blondie recipe thus far.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup miniature cinnamon baking chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (half and half, or cream can be used)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray, or grease a 9×13 inch baking dish
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined, making sure dry ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in the cinnamon baking chips
- Spread the thick batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Remove from oven and cool for one hour.
To make icing:
- Combine the ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the blondies before cutting into squares. Store blondies in an airtight container.
JOIN THE LIST!
Subscribe to get our latest content delivered to your email.