Easy to make salted caramel chocolate pretzels are made with 4 simple ingredients. Sweet, salty perfection!
Salted caramel chocolate pretzels are easy to make with no baking required or candy thermometer needed.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Do you love a sweet and salty snack? If you do, you’re in the right place because today’s recipe falls in that camp. This recipe will remind you of those store-bought chocolate pretzels – kicked-up a notch or two. Seriously!
4-Ingredients – That’s it!
- Caramel bits
- Sea salt
Who wouldn’t like that combination of goodness all layered together? I can’t imagine anyone. This homemade sweet treat is the TASTIEST ever and so easy to make. You can make it in about 35-minutes from start to finish.
Caramel bits are the same as the wrapped cubed caramel candies. The plus to using the bits is that you don’t have to unwrap them.
How do you make salted caramel chocolate pretzels?
Oh, it’s quite easy.
- First, you’ll melt the chocolate and spread it out on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Next, layer the pretzels on the chocolate. You can add two layers of pretzels.
- After that, you’ll pour a layer of melted caramel bits over the pretzels.
- Then you will drizzle chocolate over the caramel + sprinkle with sea salt.
When you’re all done, you end up with this delicious sweet + salty treat that you and everyone else will love. These salted caramel chocolate pretzels are ideal for special occasions, especially cookie/candy exchanges, but whatever you do, don’t wait for one to make them. They are a yummy treat at any time of the year.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzels
I struggled a little with an official name for me to call these. They don’t fall into the candy category. Since I break mine apart, I couldn’t call them bars. Besides, they are unlike any bar I’ve ever eaten. So, I just kept it simple – just like the recipe – and called them precisely what they are.
Warning: these are addictive! I mean, look at them – they’re bound to be. You’ll see what I mean when you show up at a gathering with them in tow. You’ll take an empty plate home, which is a good thing unless you want to go home and uncontrollably eat what’s left.
These salted caramel chocolate pretzels are a sweet treat to make and put in tins or cute bags to give away to your neighbors. What kinds of treats do you like to share with your neighbors at Christmas? I’m always looking for new ideas, so I’d love for you to tell me in the comments below.
You might also like my delicious White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.
Below are several pins I created just for you! Save one to help you find your way back to this recipe. And sharing is always very much appreciated! ;)
- 1 (12-ounce bag) Semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli), melted & divided
- (8 ounces) Mini pretzel twists, half of a regular 16-ounce bag
- 1 (11-ounce bag) Caramel Bits, melted
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips in the microwave at 15-second intervals on low heat until smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper and gently press the pretzels into the chocolate before it hardens. The pretzels can overlap or even be double stacked.
- Add caramel bits and 2 tablespoons of water to a microwave-safe bowl and heat according to package instructions (2 minutes on high). Stir until smooth and spoon the melted caramel over the pretzels.
- Melt the remaining four ounces of chocolate and drizzle over the caramel. (I used a baggie with the corner cut.) Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until hardened and break into pieces.