I love cookbooks. It’s almost ridiculous how I can curl up and read one as if it’s a best-selling novel. I recently came across an old 2006 issue of Southern Living: Quick and Easy Weeknight Meals. I couldn’t wait to sit down and see what goodness it had tucked in it’s pages. You’re gonna love me for passing along this Garlic Pepper Jelly recipe I found in there.
I usually have cream cheese and some kind of pepper jelly on hand. Throw in some crackers and you have a handy go-to snack to pull out for a last minute get-together, or when unexpected guests visit.
This recipe is super easy. No major preparation, or canning involved. In fact, the only pepper you’ll find in this Garlic Pepper Jelly is crushed red pepper. And…the base for this jelly is store bought apple jelly. I told ya this is gonna be easy.
This recipe is made with parsley flakes, garlic, crushed red pepper, and vinegar stirred into melted apple jelly. Once this is made it goes into the freezer until ready to serve. To prepare you just:
Place a block of cream cheese (Brie would be good too!) on a serving dish.
Pour Garlic Pepper Jelly over top.
Spread on crackers.
Eat said crackers.
Delicious. Addicting. Betcha can’t eat just one.
I plan on trying this as a glaze for chicken, and pork too. I’ll let you know how it turns out, unless y’all beat me to it. If you do, be sure to come back and let me know how it turns out in the comments.
This is a great gift too – for anytime of the year.
- 2 (16-oz) jars apple jelly
- 1-2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon pressed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- Melt apple jelly in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Stir in parsley and the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool. Cover and freeze up to 6 months. (Jelly will not freeze solid.)