These? Oh. My. Goodness! These little gems start out with a crumbly, crunchy crust topped with a delicious gooey, chocolatey cream cheese center that’s topped with the same crumbly crust mixture that makes the crust. You got that? Just try these asap and you’ll get the picture. I just can’t make much sense after eating one of these. All I can think about it eating another one. Given my current state, I deemed it quite necessary to list all three yummy layers that make up these Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars so that you all can get the picture.
Here, have one.
I’m going to have to call re-enforcements to come and get the rest of these bars outa here. Well, what’s left of them. They’ve got to go. I cannot be responsible for eating the whole pan. I just can’t! But it really could happen if they stay. That crunchy crust and gooey center are evil I’m telling ya. Pure evil. Oh, but they are sooo good. You can look at the pictures and tell I just couldn’t wait to cut into these babies. See all that chocolate smeared into that cream cheese? They really should cool before you cut them, but I ain’t got time for that. When these came out of the oven, I lost control of any patience I had. Mercy me!
Now go. Go and make these ever-so-easy-to-make, and ever-so-delicious-crispy-and-gooey-all-at-the-same-time Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars.
Want another one?
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Bars – good for any occasion.
- 1 (18 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( I use mini chocolate chips)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Mix the cake mix, beaten egg, and vegetable oil until crumbly. Reserve one cup for topping.
- Pat remaining crumbs into a greased 8x8, or 9x9 inch pan and bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese, egg, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and spread over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs and bake 15 minutes longer.
JOIN THE LIST!
Subscribe to get our latest content delivered to you inbox.